Delta Children’s Choir is looking for new members to join
The Delta Children’s Choir is part of the Delta Choral Society and it is a non-profit organization.
The choir provides children with the opportunity to cultivate an appreciation for music and share their talents with the community. The Delta Children’s Choir will teach their members proper singing techniques and encourage them to explore their love of music in a fun but structured environment.
The Delta Children’s and Youth Choir will perform a selection of songs from traditional choral music to current pop music hits. The children will perform at the Delta Choral Society’s end of term concert (May and December) held at South Delta Baptist Church.
Members must be able to:
- Take leadership from both the Artistic Director and Accompanist
- Memorize their words and music
- Participate in rehearsals with minimal disruption to others
The choir will begin rehearsal at 5:15 pm every Monday and the practice will finish at 6:00 pm.
- Children must attend all scheduled rehearsals. If a child will be absent, the parents must inform the Children’s Choir Liaison promptly and with advance notice of any planned absence.
- If a child is going to miss more than two rehearsals in a term, they must receive pre-approval from the Artistic Director to continue. Children who miss more than two rehearsals for any reason without pre-approval may be required to withdraw from the Society for the term, at the discretion of the Artistic Director.
- Children are required to attend the technical rehearsal and both concerts, each term. Children who are not able to attend the technical rehearsal and both concerts may be required to withdraw from the Society for the term.
To register your child, please bring the completed Delta Choral Society Youth/Children’s Choir Enrollment Form and payment for registration fees. Member fees are $70 per term. The cost of the uniform (shirt) is the responsibility of the member and will be additional to the registration fee if required. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, debit or credit card.
Refunds will be allowed up to the end of the first month of each term (i.e. September or January).
The registration fee covers the costs of the music and training for the performance.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.