Delta Youth Choir is looking for new members to join
The Delta Youth choir is part of the Delta Choral Society and it is a non-profit organization.
The choir provides teens with the opportunity to cultivate an appreciation for music and share their talents with the community. The Delta youth choir will teach their members proper singing techniques and encourage them to explore their love of music in a fun but structured environment.
The Delta Youth choir will perform a selection of songs from traditional choral music to current pop music hits. They will perform at the Delta Choral Society’s end of term concert (May and December) held at South Delta Baptist Church.
All teens from Grade 8 and above are welcome to join the Delta Youth Choir.
All children from Grade 1 to 7 are welcome to join the Delta Children’s Choir.
The Delta Youth Choir has no more than 30 members per term.
Members must be able to:
- Take leadership from both the Musical Director and Accompanist
- Memorize their words and music
- Participate in rehearsals without disrupting others
- Hold pitch when singing
- Children must attend all scheduled rehearsals. If a child will be absent, the parents must inform the Youth Choir Liaison promptly and with advance notice of any planned absence.
- If a child is going to miss more than two rehearsals in a term, they must receive pre-approval from the Musical Director to continue. Children who miss more than two rehearsals for any reason without pre-approval may be required to withdraw from the Society for the term, at the discretion of the Musical Director.
- Children are required to attend the technical rehearsal and both concerts, each term. Children who are not able to attend the technical rehearsal and both concerts will be required to withdraw from the Society for the term.
The Delta Youth Choir rehearses every Thursday night at 5:30 pm until 7:00 pm. In the fall of 2021 the Youth and Childrens choir may be singing together depending on how many members we have. Youth should come to rehearsals with the Children this term on Mondays until informed otherwise.
The rehearsals are held at the Benediction Lutheran Church at 5575 6ave Delta BC V4M 1M2
To register your child, please bring the completed Delta Choral Society Youth/Children’s Choir Enrollment Form and a cheque or cash for registration fees and shirt purchase. Member fees are $60 for registration fees and $23 for the purchase of the Delta Choral Society shirt. The total is $83 per person.
If your child is a returning member and does not need to purchase a shirt, only the registration fees of $60 per term is required.
Refunds will be allowed up to the start of the second rehearsal.
The registration fee covers the costs of the music and training for the performance.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.