Delta Youth Choir is looking for new members to join
The Delta Youth Choir is part of the Delta Choral Society and is a non-profit organization.
The choir provides teens with the opportunity to cultivate an appreciation for music and share their talents with the community. The Delta Youth Choir will teach their members proper singing techniques and encourage them to explore their love of music in a fun but structured environment.
The Delta Youth Choir will perform a selection of songs from traditional choral music to current pop music hits. They will perform at the Delta Choral Society’s end of term concert (May and December) held at South Delta Baptist Church.
Members must be able to:
- Take leadership from both the Artistic Director and Accompanist
- Memorize their words and music
- Participate in rehearsals without disrupting others
- Hold pitch when singing
- Youth must attend all scheduled rehearsals. If a member will be absent, the parents must inform the Youth Choir Liaison promptly and with advance notice of any planned absence.
- If a member is going to miss more than two rehearsals in a term, they must receive pre-approval from the Artistic Director to continue. Members who miss more than two rehearsals for any reason without pre-approval may be required to withdraw from the Society for the term, at the discretion of the Musical Director.
- Members are required to attend the technical rehearsal and both concerts, each term. Members who are not able to attend the technical rehearsal and both concerts may be required to withdraw from the Society for the term.
Since we have returned to in person rehearsals after the onset of COVID-19, our Youth Choir membership has been insufficient to operate on its own so we have combined the Children’s and Youth Choirs with rehearsals on Mondays.
The rehearsals are held at the Benediction Lutheran Church at 5575 6ave Delta BC V4M 1M2
To register your child, please bring the completed Delta Choral Society Youth/Children’s Choir Enrollment Form and payment for registration fees. Member fees are $70 per term. The cost of the uniform (shirt) is the responsibility of the member and will be additional to the registration fee if required. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, debit or credit card.
Refunds will be allowed up to the end of the first month of each term (i.e. September or January).
The registration fee covers the costs of the music and training for the performance.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.