Delta Community Choir is always looking for new members to join
The Delta Community Choir was created in 1984 by four women with a vision of bringing joy to their community through music. These women brought together 50 like-minded individuals to learn about, sing, and share their love for choral music. In its first year, the choir performed both a winter and spring concert.
The choir has since grown to as many as 90 members and added numerous concerts and outreach shows to its schedule throughout the year. Throughout this growth, the choir has stayed true to its roots. The Delta Community Choir is truly a reflection of its community, as it is made up of local individuals who share a passion for music and enjoy coming together to sing.
Recent events for the choir include performances at Remembrance Day ceremonies, Chamber of Commerce events, Kiwanis events, the Kinsman Center, Delta Hospital, Delta Parks and Recreation Christmas Concerts, Delta Cable, and the Festival of Lights at Van Dusen Gardens. This busy schedule fulfills the dual purpose of the choir; to provide an opportunity to learn about and enjoy choral music and to bring that music to the community.
The Delta Community Choir welcomes all singers 18 years and older. Members can join the choir in January or September.
The Delta Community Choir has no more than 100 members per term with a maximum of 25 members in each section.
Members must be able to:
- Take leadership from both the Artistic Director and Accompanist
- Memorize the majority of their words and music
- Participate in rehearsals without disrupting others
- Hold pitch when singing
- Perform a voice placement with the Artistic Director. New members are auditioned in September and January for pitch and placement, to ensure they are placed in the appropriate sections.
Individuals joining the choir must commit to:
- Attend all scheduled rehearsals. Members must inform their choir representatives promptly and with advance notice of any planned absence. The representatives for the Delta Community Choir and the Delta Chamber Choir are the Section Leaders.
- Society members who will miss more than two rehearsals in a term must receive pre-approval from the Artistic Director. Members who miss more than two rehearsals without pre-approval may be required to withdraw from the Society for the term, at the discretion of the Artistic Director.
- Society members are required to attend the technical rehearsal and both concerts, each term. Members who are not able to attend the technical rehearsal and both concerts may be required to withdraw from the Society for the term.
- The Delta Community Choir typically holds regular weekly section meetings. These meetings take place at the discretion of the Section Leader, and attendance is strongly recommended.
The Delta Community Choir rehearses every Monday night at 6:30 pm until 8:30 pm at the Benediction Lutheran Church, located at 5575 6th Ave in Tsawwassen. The first ½ hour may be devoted to single sections at the discretion of the Artistic Director.
Member fees are $120 per term plus the cost of your costume.
To register for the Delta Community Choir, please bring the completed Delta Choral Society – Adult Choir Enrollment Form and payment for $120 per person. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, debit or credit card.
Refunds will be allowed up to the end of the first month of the term (i.e. September or January).
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.